Dear Loyal Customers,
Good News is finally here! Welcome back to dining at Bender’s Tavern. Our Culinary and Service teams have been preparing for your return implementing best practices as outlined by the Ohio Restaurant Association and the City Health Department. Our goal for you and the staff is to feel safe and confident when dining here. There are changes we are implementing for your safety and our employee safety so please read the following:
Patio opens May 15-20 with expanded seating along Court Ave. Thanks to Mayor Bernabei and the City of Canton!Inside Dining resumes May 21st.
All reservations can be made via phone only by calling 330-453-8424 starting at 12:00 PM Thursday, May 14th– Please do not call earlier we will not be ready! Please understand that our seating and dining times will be restricted to accommodate customers and the new cleaning procedures required at each table. Governor DeWine has left it up to the individual establishments to follow the guidelines for social distancing, outlined below are steps we are taking;
For our Customers and Employees
– Cleaning Procedures. We have and will continue to clean and sanitize the restaurant on a daily and regularly hourly basis.
– Signs will be displayed clearly marking social distancing requirements. Please use Court Ave. Bar door to enter and exit via the 2nd street door.
– Seating capacities will follow social distancing requirements.
– No Sugar caddies or condiments will be on tables. Please ask and your server will bring you disposable salt, pepper, sugar, ketchup, mayo etc. for your use.
– Sadly our Bar will be closed for bar stool seating in the beginning until we navigate possible solutions.
– Employees will be screened before they start work. Personal Protection Equipment will be worn by all employees based on their roles and responsibilities and in compliance with applicable health department regulations and guidelines. Customers are able to choose if they want to wear a mask or not. Customers are asked to screen themselves as well by the health department prior to arrival.
-Please show up at your designated reservation time and leave at the designated service time. This will allow us to properly clean and make the entire experience more enjoyable.
-Please make reservations-If you do not have a reservation and show up-please call 330-453-8424 prior to entering.
-Opentable Reservations will be available May 21st-
While offering outside dining & Carhop during this first week, restrooms will be open for patrons. We are glad we are back and wish to accommodate everyone. We are committed to making your dining experience the most enjoyable in town! Serving great seafood, prime steaks, fine wines in a unique historical atmosphere is what we do best! We anticipate that the changes we have made will seem different, we are committed to making this experience the best for you and our employees. Please help us by abiding to this as we will be working under new guidelines to serve everyone in a sociably responsible manner. We are delighted to have your return. We expect a few bumps as we learn what the new normal will be for dining. Thank you for your understanding.
Please note although we will be re-opening for outside dining, pick-up service/delivery and Carhop(after 4:00PM) will continue to be offered this coming week. Friday 11:00 AM-9:00 PM, Saturday from 2:00-9:00pm, Monday-Wednesday 11:00-9:00 PM and when inside dining starts Thursday, May 21st pick-up service/delivery will continue and we will be open M-F 11:00 AM – 9:00 PM Saturday 2:00- 9:00 PM.
The Bender’s Management Team!